Saturday, January 10, 2015

Third chapter of The Labyrinth of Flame is up

Got back from Australia yesterday. I'm still stumbling around in a haze of jetlag and dreading what fires have sprung up at the day job while I've been away - if I remember right, there's yet another huge deadline at the end of this month, gaaah - but as I am still technically on vacation until Monday, that means I get to ignore day jobbery and focus on writing today, wheee! For those of you who've been waiting for your next fix of The Labyrinth of Flame, good news - Chapter 3 is now up.

In other good news, I'm on track to finish this draft by the end of the month, and I'll soon be hip-deep in preparations for the kickstarter in February.  Exciting stuff!   It's been really cool to see Labyrinth of  Flame get a few mentions on anticipated books of 2015 lists, like this one at Fantasy Cafe, and in this mind meld at SF Signal.  2015 looks to be quite an awesome year in books, actually. Just check out all the enticing descriptions on this detailed list from Lady Business, not to mention all the other great lists the post links at the bottom.

I'm dying to talk about my favorite books of 2014 and my own anticipated reads of 2015, but I think I'm going to have to be fashionably late with those posts. Gotta focus on finishing Labyrinth of Flame's 2nd draft!  So until then, hope you all have a wonderful January. You'll be hearing lots more from me in February when it's kickstarter time, I can assure you.


1 comment: