Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Labyrinth of Flame is out in the world!

The Labyrinth of Flame is really, finally, completely, utterly done - and in readers' hands! I sent out ebooks and maps to Kickstarter backers on Sunday night. (This after a week that involved my son getting sick, me getting sick, and then a tree falling on our neighborhood power lines right when I was trying to do final ebook conversions - gaaaah!)

Honestly I still can't quite believe the book is done. I don't think it'll sink in until the physical copies arrive and I hold one in my hands (which should be in another 2 weeks or so). I've been working on the story for so long that my brain hasn't quite adjusted to the idea that not only is The Labyrinth of Flame done, but other people can now READ IT. (Oh gosh. That's somewhat terrifying, but mostly I can't wait to see what people think of the book.)

Of course, I'm not yet done with the Shattered Sigil world and characters. I still have four short stories to write for Kickstarter backers. I'm looking forward to working on those! And I still have plenty of production and Kickstarter-related tasks to handle. But the biggest part of the mountain has been climbed, and once I come out of my hypoxic daze, I'll be jumping about with joy.

For anyone who missed the Kickstarter, fear not! I'll be doing a general release of the book through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc in both ebook and print on Dec 1. (I just today set up the Amazon preorder page. I think as a self-pub person, Amazon only allows me to set up a pre-order for ebooks, not print, but rest assured the book will be available in both when the time comes.)

Oh yes, and while I was in my final push to the finish, Grimdark Magazine reviewed The Whitefire Crossing and The Tainted City, and posted an interview with me (in which I share my favorite grimdark author, among other things.)

And now, it is a beautiful day, and I am going to the mountains!




8 comments:

  1. Excellent, I'll be looking for the print version. And I just love that cover. The world needs more slot canyon book covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about slot canyon book covers. :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this series! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the conclusion to the trilogy.

      Delete
  3. Will the short stories also be put out for general release in a Kindle edition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably do that for the two stories I'm writing for everyone (or make them available in some other way, like free through my website). For the two stories I'm writing for individual backers as part of their "Ultimate Fan" reward, it will be up to the backer whether or not I make the story available to all.

      Delete