- Only the Best SciFi's "Best of 2011/End of Year Wrap-Up
- Edi's Book Lighthouse "2011 in Books"
- Bibliotropic's "Best Books Discovered in 2011"
- Sneaky Burrito's "Best Books I Read in 2011"
Along with a mention as a notable debut in Barnes & Noble's Best Fantasy Releases of 2011, an honorable mention in Staffer's Musings' Best SFF Debut of the Year, and a recommendation in Adventures Fantastic's Four Publishers You Should Be Reading.
So yeah, a great year for Whitefire! My writing goal for 2012 is simple: make Whitefire's sequel The Tainted City as awesome as I possibly can, in hopes readers who enjoyed Whitefire have just as much fun (if not more!) reading the continuation of Dev and Kiran's story.
Of course, I've got other goals, too:
- Climb a new 14K peak in Colorado (I've already climbed all the 14ers within a day's drive of Boulder about 5 times over, so I'll need to roam a bit further afield this summer to manage it!)
- Ski the fall line of the Spiral Staircase mogul run at Telluride top to bottom without wussing out or stopping. (My husband and I have plans in the works for a ski trip with friends to Telluride sometime in Feb. It's my favorite place to ski in Colorado - and best of all, they have childcare at the base, so perhaps my husband and I can ski together for the first time since our son was born.)
- Return to competition in figure skating, with an eye toward Adult Nationals in 2013. I've been in maintenance mode for the last 2.5 years, and I miss serious training! But first I'll have to finish The Tainted City.