Since I've been thinking a lot about the scenery and terrain in the book recently, today's pics are canyoneering-related: a few shots taken on a descent of Baptist Draw & Upper Chute Canyon in Utah's San Rafael Swell.
|Me rappelling the longest of the drops in Baptist|
|In the narrows|
|I love the way slot canyon rock glows in reflected sunlight|
|One of my favorite pics of me and my husband|
1) The Boy Who Spoke to the Earth (Dreamling Books): a kids picture book about the joy of wilderness, chock-full of beautiful art? TAKE MY MONEY. Seriously, I backed this in a hot second; can't wait to read the book with my son.
2) Genius Loci: Tales of the Spirit of Place (Ragnarok Press). The guys at Ragnarok have put out some awesome anthologies already, and this one has a great line-up of authors (plus Jaym Gates as editor).
3) Imagined Realms Book 2: A Scifi Art Book by Julie Dillon. Hugo award-winning artist Julie Dillon is amazing; enough said. She's offering posters and prints and such in addition to the art book itself.
4) Queen of Nothing: A Marla Mason novel (Tim Pratt). Tim's successful Kickstarters for his previous Marla Mason books were among those I studied in planning my own Kickstarter. I've heard nothing but praise for the series, and look forward to trying the books myself.
5) Dark & Day novels and comics (Jake Grey). Concept seems interesting, and I liked the art. They're so, so close to funding!